Thursday, March 13, 2008

Somewhat lost but not forgotten




So the other day I'm talking to Kristen, and I say "Psshhhh, I'm smoother than Gerardo". She was puzzled to say the least. She really had no clue who Gerardo was. I then pose the question "Ok, how about Rico Suave"? And she immediately knew who that was. I started to feel bad for ol' Gerardo. I mean, not many people on earth know you by your name, but everyone seems to know you by a tune you created. No one seems to care that you are one of the greatest performing artists off all time, let alone one of the best song writers EVER! You don't believe me? well let me just give you a sample of the lyrical stylings of the Gerardo::
So please don't judge a book by its cover/There's more to being a Latin lover/You got to know how to deal with a woman/That won't let go/The price you pay for being a gigolo.

Can you really deny this guy?? I would rank him up there with Bob Dylan and Herbie Hancock as popular musicians!!

I've decided to find this guy and do a reality show. It is going to involve him doing some kind of dance moves over and over. I haven't thought this show all the way through (obviously). Perhaps I can have him be a life coach or something. On a sidenote, where was this guy during all these "celebrity" shows?? Like dancing with the stars?? I'll tell you why they never called him: Because all the female judges would want to knock boots with this guy, and really, who could blame them.



Here's a secret: Somewhere in my trunk, there is a large orange 'S'. And somewhere at the Mall of America, someone is agreeing with this display. Enjoy......


It also seems that here in the good old city of snow, we are finally ending the cold weather. It was about 50 degrees and sunny today, and if it weren't for my pestering cold, I would have been out on either the bicycle or fitting into some nice running shoes.
I sometimes wish I still got a summer vacation.....
Speaking of a summer vacation, I need to hop a plane, train or automobile to somewhere in the US this year. Any ideas???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about comming out to Philly?? Or Boston is nice in the summer!