Tuesday, March 4, 2008

4



I guess numb is the feeling that best describes the way I feel. After 17 years Brett decided to hang it up. I can't believe it. 17 years, not a single game missed. It's not like we're talking ping pong here, its pro football. For the good and bad times, the largest portion of my life has been set to Sundays watching the Packers play. Players have come and gone, but one stayed the same.


I still have drawings I did from the 6th grade. They are of Brett Favre throwing a pass to Sterling Sharpe. It's funny how some things change, and others stay continual.



Over the past few hours I've been hearing about "The greatest quarterbacks ever" speeches. And people are actually arguing about it. That's something that is open to interpretation for everyone. Do I consider Favre the best of all time? No. Is he my personal favorite player of all time. Yes. And that leads me to argue that he is the best. I would take Elway, Montana and Marino before Favre as the best ever. But if I had to pick one player to watch over, and over, it would be Favre-hands down. C'mone, I like Kemp way more than I ever liked Jordan.




The worst part about him leaving is that his last NFL pass was an interception. An interception that allowed the Giants to go to the Superbowl. I would feel a whole lot better if Favre retired after a Superbowl appearance. But I guess that only happens in fantasy land (cough*cough Elway).





I honestly can't seem to find the words to write, so I'll leave it at that.

I must admit, the next time I watch the Packers play, there is going to be a very large void there. Oddly, I know I won't be the only one who notices it.

2 comments:

xxxx said...

Awwwwww!

It is going to be SO SO weird not to see Brett Favre when football season starts.

Michelle said...

Wait wait wait, you live in the Twin Cities and you root for Favre? Something's seriously wrong there.

Growing up, I don't remember any Packer fans amidst all us Viking lovers. Granted, I haven't lived there since 1997, so things may have changed, but what a surprise!

But yeah, even for me, it will be weird not having Favre on the field. (But ummm I'm ok with his last pass being an interception!) ;)