Friday, July 13, 2007

Maybe you and I shouldn't go out anymore....



For those of you who know about going out, I'm sure you can understand. For those who have no idea what this is....skip to next and don't pass go (Or if you think this is about a person). So for the past few years, I haven't been spending a whole lot of quality time with the city. She seems pissed at me for it too. I have been seeing a lot of her train cousin though. But last night, I thought about a double date. And as movies starring Bruce Willis have shown us, two dates at once is a recipe for disaster. Since all the heads that I used to go out with are either: moved, don't do it anymore, or we don't stay in contact, I tend to keep it solo. So I started on Franklin and Chicago and ended up walking to the river. I got a little bit done, some of which I saw has already been painted over already...I circled around towards Dinkytown and ended up on the tracks. This reminded me of the time Joe Belzey almost got hemmed up on these very stretch of tracks. So I go and do my business and I'm walking back, with no paint anymore, and I see a car driving down the tracks with the lights off. This usually means one of two things: I'm in the middle of a drive by shooting or the cops are comming. From in being in Dinkytown, I can scratch out the drive by. So since theres no place to really run, I hid in the middle of trains and hoped that they would just drive by. They did, and I waited about 20 minutes and started walking out again.


But then I noticed 3 cop cars sitting a few blocks ahead. I decided that hiding was pretty much out of the question unless I wanted to sleep at the yard, so I started back backtracking on the tracks towards dinkytown again, and ended up almost exactly where Joe and me got chased. And sure enough, comming the opposite way now, was a traincop (or dinkytown cop, but not the good ol' mpd). So I ducked down towards the river, which was stupid because there was no real place to go if they came down there. And I still wasn't sure if they were even looking for me, or if I was parinoid. But I get down to the river and look around and there's no place to go. I hear talking at the top of the hill and just assumed it was the cops looking for me. So I did what any idiot would do, and walked across the scaffolding under the bridge crossing the Mississippi to the other side. Great, not only am I afraid of heights, but theres no real walkpath except all these beams. And in the middle of the night, its bad enough to see....

I get to the other side and saw cops at the top of the opposite hill. I ducked the river back to Franklin and pretty much ran what I could back to the car, got home and slept it off. But I kept thinking the whole time "Is this really worth it??????" I mean, the only people that are going to see this are some G's and some 17 year old backpackers. And lets face it, I don't need either one of their daps. Jail time and a hefty fine are in no way things I need right now. So in the famous words of Danny "I'm getting too old for this".....

No comments: