Monday, July 30, 2007

Greatest movies off all time: Part 1

First off, let me say that this has nothing to do with "real movies" that people vote on. These are solely my personal, great movie flicks. I know what you're saying "Jon, aren't you one of the founders of the famous bad-movie-night, where you watched horrible movies for kicks"? Yes. But bad movies are good for other reasons, and I will go into this later. These are just all around dope movies that I could watch over-and-over-and-over-and-over. Do I care if you agree? Heck no! My movies are dope, so why don't you go watch Schindler's List or Bravehart you flick nerd, while I get busy with some classics.......



The first movie is Gleaming the Cube. C'mone, look at the cover of this movie!!! "He only cared about gleaming the cube--until they killed his brother." The movies is about Christian Slater (in his finest role) as a punk skateboarder who is all about having a good time with his buds (and Asian-adopted brother). In a twist of fate, his brother gets killed and Slater is forced into the detective world with his band of skateboarder pals (including Tony Hawk) to solve the mystery. Does a plot get better than this?? NO WAY! The guy uses his skateboard as a weapon in some cases by jumping through a window to knock a guy out! Who needs guns when you got a board??

As you can see, my movie greatness is awesome. I only pick the finest of the fine flicks to discuss. Look for more of mine (and maybe your favorite flicks in the next few posts).



As this was written, a bridge that all of us know, use, and love fell into the Mississippi. I'm not sure how to react to the whole thing. The apathetic side of me is feeling for the people who lost loved ones. The realist side is thinking about how long its going to take to rebuild such a structure and get the city moving again. Whether we know it or not, that bridge was a big part of Minneapolis, and in turn, a large part of us.

I am also on vacation. It is awesome......If I won the powerball, your mom and me would be on vacation forever.

-JB

No comments: