Monday, August 4, 2008

Round out the Tank


So this past weekend was a busy one. Friday started out with the Uptown Art Fair. All in all, it's probably the best art showing in Minneapolis. The best part is that it's during the summer. I had to go on Friday because if you get there any other time during the weekend, it's shoulder to shoulder.


There's usually some really good art, but also some really bad crafts. If I had the $$ I would probably buy some of the works....


This is always one of my favorite stands. I forgot her name, buy she makes these chrome and metal eggs....






And of course, Saturday was the wedding of Damien and Jessica. It was one of the better weddings I've ever been to. Here are the Brides maids...Emily, Rachael, Hilary and two girls I don't know.







Damien (not in the blue), Ritchie, Josh, Sir Mike McCabe, a guy I don't know, and Trevor. A few people made the comment that the fellow in the blue coat resembled Colonel Sanders....I guess a bit. It was quite a good ceremony though.


This was the end of the ceremony (obviously). I wish I would have gotten a flick of the bike they rode off on. It was genius! Thanks to these two, I have the song "Another First Kiss" still stuck in my head.....










The best part of this flick is that Ryan Ritchie is staring off into the middle of nowhere thinking about Meatballs 4, or maybe Ben Afflecks role in Phantoms (where he was indeed the bomb). And oddly enough, Mike and me don't go anywhere without our bags.








Jason, Mike and Josh the photobomber!


















Ryan giving the best man speech. As he's bringing tears to everyone in the room, someone goes "Where's Mike"? That's a good question.....Then someone says "I think he's snoozing in the bushes". I couldn't believe it, so I had to check it out....










Sure enough, Mike was out cold at the bottom of a huge, steep hill. As I'm taking this picture, people next to me are talking about it.
Guy 1 "That guy must have started drinking EARLY"!
Guy 2 "Well, you know what they say? You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning"!
Girl "Should we maybe wake him up or something"?
Guy 1 "Nah, the mosquito's will get to him eventually".








Video of Mike snoozin.

Dancing to Al Green......It was nice to see a live band at a wedding instead of just a DJ.

And a little Blistering in the sun....

Well, nothing but vacation for the next two weeks....I will surely be hitting the mountains in Colorado for a little biking and climbing....
And a word to the wise, while taking college courses, make sure to meet the physical fitness portion of it. There's nothing worse then getting ready to graduate and hearing "Oh, by the way, your missing a 1-credit course in P.E"......

No comments: