Thursday, February 26, 2009

The waiting game

So it's supposed to snow about a half a foot in Minneapolis today. This past weekend we were in the 30's (and sunny). People were out in just sweatshirts. Just when I think Spring is on its way, it gets freezing cold and snowy again.

But in unrelated news, we finally found a good place to stay in France this year. London was a lock, but Paris was kinda iffy. I've been doing some research on odd stuff to do there, and there are all kinds of crazy stories about scams and swindlers. I sort of want to run across them, but if it involves them snatching my camera, I'd rather not. It can't be worse than broad day car jackings in Brazil (circa 2001). I just need to make sure I set aside a wine fund to ship boxes upon boxes back......


And it looks like Target Field is coming along pretty good for the Twins. I drive past it almost every week and it's starting to look like a real stadium. The best part of this whole deal? Kristen's office is in one of those buildings RIGHT by the field. From her window I can look right down into the field. Say hello to a few lunch breaks during day games!

I wish there was more going on in the Twin Cities to talk about, but it's been pretty slow this week. Well, it's off to get a pistachio muffin and some coffee before the snow hits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when are you planning on going to Europe? I may be in London sometime after Christmas, when I finally finish school to study brewing in some brew pub.