Monday, October 22, 2007

A slice of pie


So the other day, a friend of mine told me that their co-workers read my piddly attempt at blog humor on a weekly basis. First off, I only assumed about 15-20 people read this (and that's including the people who check this out by accident). But what got to me, was the fact that these people wanted more. MORE, MORE, MORE (picture of an angry clan with pitchforks and torches). But not really more of my tirades, more about me. Oddly enough, I sometimes get sick of me, let alone people wanting to actually know about the smooth-and-cool guy that writes these. So I figured I would give you a slice of the pie the is Jon.
First off, I'm the most un-conventional person you will ever meet. I once wore an 80's-style tank top, cut off jean shorts and flip flops to an engagement party. I thought it was the funniest thing in the world, but Jenn and Mike's family didn't think so. Don't get me wrong, I don't rock those clothes on a daily basis. For the most part, I'm a jeans and shirt kinda guy. I once worked at Daytons, and my gear was fly for about 2 years.
My sense of humor is odd at best. The funniest movie I've ever seen was Full Metal Jacket. I know what you're saying--"But Jon, that's a movie that supposed to depict the hardships of the Vietnam war". Yeah, but remember that fat guy that couldn't climb over the wood wall?? Hilarious...The best shows to ever air on TV are (in no order): Scrubs, The Simpson's, Family Guy, SouthPark, The Office, Arli$$, Golden Girls, Happy Days, Any show with Scott Baio (Except Scott Baio is 45 and Single), The first few season of The Real World, Wings, The Wonder Years, And Andy Griffith. Oh yeah, when I happen to be home, I watch Desperate Housewives (Don't judge, Eva Longoria and Terri Hatcher are hotness).
I'm a nut when it comes to food. I could review restaurants all day and night. One of my favorite pastimes is trying new places too eat. The problem with Minneapolis is that no one likes a place until it becomes trendy and the meals are over priced. Remember Chit-Chat?? One of the best breakfasts around, but no one believed it. Ted Cooks?? Well, everyone EXCEPT Steve have been there and liked it.
On Sunday evenings, you can usually catch me at Barnes and Noble with a coffee spending 2 hours reading through books. Its amazing when you step back and look at it all. Everyone of these books was written for some reason. And that person took their ideas and thoughts, and wrote them down for people to read. Makes me want to finish writing my book. But I keep getting sidetracked with Dawsons Creek reruns, and watching New Jack City.
In the past few years, I've become a big fan of wine. I used to drink Long Islands and Jack n Cokes, but one too many hangovers later, I found out the wonders of wine. Although, nothing is more awkward that sitting in an Irish pub in Duluth (while everyone is drinking beer) and having a glass of wine. But I guess it just comes with being classy.
----A sidenote to this: If you ever get the chance, check out the Riverview Wine Bar (located at 3745 42nd Avenue S.Minneapolis, MN 55406). They have a top notch wine list, and tall boys for those who don't drink wine. Also, some of the best bread/butter mixes I've ever had at a place. They also have "tours" where you can try a few smaller glasses of a similar wine (which you can't find anywhere else). Get there early on Friday/Saturday because it can get pretty busy.
Well, now I must go to the YMCA and do some swimming. I'm a triathlete who doesn't like to do triathlons. So I just train like I'm going to do one, but never really do. Plus it sounds really cool to drop in a conversation "....blah, blah, blah, I'm training for a triathlon".

On a separate vent, the Gophers are awful. Did we trade Hershel Walker again for college football dreams?? We have to have the worst squad I've seen in years. But oddly enough, they might have a shot at beating the Vikings. Now I would actually go to that game, a Gophers/Vikings game. Thank god the Wild are doing well, and my man Corey Brewer is going to bring some new light to the Timberwolves.

A post/sidenote:: As I was at the gym today, hanging out in the sauna, sweating. This guy comes into there (there's about 6 of us sitting in there). He stands by the heater and looks around like he's about to do something. He then decides that it is ok to let off a massive fart and leave. I kid- you- not, I felt it rattle the benches. After he dipped out, I started laughing hysterically while everyone shot me a disgusted look. For the record, that guy and me were not in cahoots. I like the word cahoots. When I finally pull off a heist, I will over-use that word. Keep your noses clean people....

The JB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, farting in the sauna is always ok.....just a word of advice. I already know you, so this post was worthless to me...You ruined 5 minutes of my life, and so help me god, you WILL pay me back.

Anonymous said...

That is a WEIRD ass location for a wine bar unless their wine of choice is mad dog 20/20. Isn't that where "The Cardinal" bar and grill used to be (I am taking it WAY back).

Anonymous said...

I wonder why you left out Salute your Shorts, Hey Dude, and Double Dare out of the funniest TV shows?....Or how about Murder she Wrote? Angela is one funny-old-broad. Peep it out loud.

Anonymous said...

the chit-chat had the best breakfast in town. the owner once called me a sack ass. i don't know what that means but i loved the personal touch.
for drew i bet jonny has some mad dog under the counter if you ask him