Sunday, March 18, 2012

Easy Like Sunday Morning

I love Sunday mornings. I almost always have. There's something about the easiness of them. Take today for example. I had my normal Sunday routine: Get up (obviously), make some porridge, french press some coffee and read the paper. Typing that makes me feel like a 75 year old man.

But that's just how it goes. No TV, no noise outside, just birds chirping and the occasional sound of car doors closing. The air smells cleaner on Sundays, the day moves slower and I'm actually eager to do nothing.

My lazy plan for the day will consist of: Finishing this blog, going for a bike ride around the Stone Arch Bridge, grab a late lunch with my parents, and read. I literally plan on reading from 3-7 PM. I need to finish the 10 books I've started. I'm like 70% finished with all of them.

In other news, March Madness sucks. My bracket was busted by some no-name teams that got lucky. The good news is that EVERYONE else is in the same boat as me.

But do you know what bracket is even better than the NCAA bracket? The Wire bracket! I love, love, love this idea. As most of you know, the Wire is pretty much my favorite show ever. Most people either really love it, or hate it. There isn't much middle ground when it comes to the Wire. But anyway, someone decided to put together a bracket of "favorite Wire characters". My final is between Omar and Avon with Omar coming out on top.

If you haven't been in Minneapolis recently, you're severely missing out. It's pretty much the greatest stretch of weather we've ever had. So put on your running shoes, put some air in the bike tires and come join me in enjoying this Sunday.


No comments: