Friday, October 17, 2008

See you next fall


There's something in the air these days around Minneapolis. No, it's not the smell of disappointment (i.e. the Vikings), but it is a very crisp, and distinctive smell. It's that of the seasons changing. The fall in Minneapolis is one of the best times of the year--anywhere in the world.

But fall reminds me of a Sunday. Sure you get the day off, but deep in the back of your head, you know what's around the corner--Monday. Just like Fall, we know that Winter is lurking around the bend. C'mone, how many of us were out trick-or-treating when the Halloween Blizzard hit?? That's basically in two weeks.


Yeah, we went from beautiful Autumn leaves to 3 feet of snow in about 12 hours.....And we still love living here.


I think I was dressed up like an X-man or something, but I came home with 6 inches of snow in my hoodie. What a disappointment for a kid out looking to score free candy.


I REALLY like MEA weekend. 2 days of no school is almost like a mini-vacation!


I do need to find more time to work on the books. I also have the proposition to help write a history textbook. I know it's not as cool as my short stories and horribly edited debut book, but it's published writing none-the-less. We would be comparing historical recollections from different periods of time. Like (for example) how did we write about the American Revolution in 1800? 1925? 1970? and in 2008? The tellings are vastly different.


Once school is over I will be posting all kinds of random stories from hormonal high school kids. I think by law though, I can't really talk about it while I'm student teaching there though......And the names will have to be changed.


Once that snow starts, I can pretty much put the bike away...No peddling for 7 months....*sigh*


Well, that's all I got. It's off to find some wine. Oddly enough, I've been enjoying it more and more since I've been teaching. If we remember the Godfather--"I like to drink wine more than I used to" -Don Corleone.
I should go rake some leaves, just so I can jump in them. We really should partake in child-like activities from time to time. Well, some of them anyway.....

No comments: